This URL is a placeholder for October/Halloween! You can find me here!
- the first black person to make a record was a woman
- the earliest superstars on the blues scene were all women who toured the country and were hugely successful and recognizable
- but yeah keep up with that narrative that the blues is the music of impoverished black men
- totally okay
- doesn’t erase the importance of black women at all.
- and doesn’t perpetuate a narrative that romanticizes black oppression and poverty
THIS URL IS A PLACEHOLDER FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER!
For now, Moira lives at happychristmoose! I’ll change back in January.
Happy Holidays, ya’ll!